Total Time: 10 minutes
This Mexican inspired dish of Cauliflower “Rice” uses finely chopped cauliflower, which makes a fantastic low-carb, grain-free stand in for rice.
- 4 cups cauliflower rice / blitzed cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, small dice
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and membrane removed, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onions, tomatoes and jalapeno and sauté until just tender, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cauliflower, sauté until the cauliflower is just tender, 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, cumin, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir to evenly coat the vegetables and cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Add chopped coriander and serve.
Great base to bulk cook for easy, warm lunches. Simply add a protein option such as a tin of salmon / tuna, BBQ chicken, handful of prawns or leftover meat from last night!